In this modern, demanding and urbanized world, we are debarred from the natural gifts of God that once helped us keep moving through our lives. We do not have time in the rush to take care of our body, mind and soul leading us to suffer and worry at all levels. But, it is high time to get back to our roots and find answers to our problems. A single answer to overcome the deterioration of our body, mind and soul is practicing “Yoga” – a way of living. The term “Yoga” is a “Sanskrit” word which stands for the‘union’ of mind, body and soul.Primarily, yoga is the combination of physical postures, breathing exercises, meditation and a distinct philosophy.
There are different levels of practicing Yoga which includes-Asanas, Pranayamas, Meditation, Relaxation, Chakras, Yogic Diet and Philosophy.Yoga is not just a Vedic practice, but its benefits have been scientifically approved and now has found a global platform. In our country India, the honorable Prime Minister has renounced 21st June as Yoga Day, it is a start and an exemplary to everyone to realize the usefulness of Yoga in our day to day life. The day 21st June is just symbolic as Yoga Day, but the main motive is to spread and practice Yoga daily in our routines. Inhabiting Yoga in our lifestyle rewards us with some invaluable and priceless health, mental and social benefits. Here, we would like to mention some remarkable Yoga benefits-
- Yoga involves the practices and methods for the achievement of physical, mental, social and spiritual health.
- Yoga when practiced in daily life makes you healthy not only physically but also mentally and emotionally giving an inner happiness responsible for overall fitness.
- Some of the effective Yoga asana such as “Surya Namaskar” and “KapalbhatiPranayam”helps in reducing weight.
- Practicing a few minutes of “Pranayam” and “Meditation” helps your mind and body in relieving stress from your life.
- By inculcating Yoga in our lives through the breathing techniques and meditation, we tend to deliberately strengthen our muscles, which increase blood circulation and decrease any inflammations of the body. Hence, regular practice of Yoga helps in improving the immunity of our body.
- Performing a few minutes of Yoga on a regular basis, boost ups the energy levels of our body, makes our body fresh and energetic throughout our busy schedules or long working hours.
- Yoga relaxes our mind which incorporates positive energy in our lives, which helps in improving our family and social relationships.
- When performed on daily basis, Yoga makes our body strong and flexible.
- Yoga increases our ability to be disciplined, concentrate and focus on our life goals. It is extremely helpful for students preparing for their exams. Nonetheless, Yoga is a boon for the corporate world too.
- It has been found that Yoga helps in the healing of not only some common disease like arthritis, asthma and cardiovascular problems, but also in several life threatening diseases like Cancers.