Chicken is one of the most favorite food item among non vegetarians, it is good source of lean protein. Dieticians prefer chicken recipes and include them in diet plans. Here is a delicious recipe which is carrying the goodness of chicken along with lip smacking taste. So make it in the comfort of your home and enjoy your favorite chicken dish.
½ kg of fresh chicken pieces
10-12 cloves of garlic
5-6 large sized onions
3-4 green chilies
½ inch ginger
1-2 Green cardamom
1 Teaspoon cumin seeds
4-5 Black pepper
1-2 small stick of Cinnamon
1-2 pieces of Javitri (Mace)
4-5 Bay leaves
2-3 teaspoon of Chicken masala available at any grocery shop (optional)
2-3 Tablespoon of Vegetable oil/ mustard oil for cooking
Salt to taste
1 cup of thick yoghurt/curd
2 Teaspoon Turmeric powder
2 Teaspoon Red chili powder
2 Teaspoon garam masala available at any grocery shop
1 Teaspoon salt
1 Teaspoonful of finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
1 Teaspoonful of desi ghee (optional)
- Wash the chicken pieces thoroughly in tap water and prepare the marinade.
- Take the chicken pieces in a large bowl and add curd, red chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and salt. Mix well the mixture and keep aside for 1-2 hr for marinating in a refrigerator.
- Start the cooking by heating oil in a deep pan. Add cumin seeds, bay leaves and whole red chili to splatter, then gently add all the other whole spices as mentioned (ingredient section) in the heated oil pan.
- Now, add the chopped onions, garlic and ginger into the pan and fry till golden brown.
- Finally, it is the time to add the marinated chicken pieces into the pan. If you wish you can add chicken masala of your choice to the dish while cooking, but it is purely optional. This dish can be prepared without it too.
- Add salt to taste, but be careful while adding salt because we already had the required portion of salt during marinating.
- Cook the dish till the chicken pieces become tender. You will find oil floating on the sides of the pan which is an indicator that all things are cooked well.
- When the chicken recipe is done, pour 1 teaspoon of desi ghee while serving and garnish with green coriander leaves.
Enjoy this “desi chicken” dish with hot Rotis, Naan or Rice. Non- vegetarian really crave and relish for this delicious recipe which is very easy to make and equally tasty!