Egg curries or egg dishes have an advantage that they are very simple and easy to make in really no time. Almost all the “Eggitarians” or Non- vegetarian love and yearn for this delicious recipe to savor up fast!
4-5 hard-boiled eggs(according to your family member’s requirements)
5-6 large sized onions finally chopped
6-7 cloves of crushed garlic
3-4 green chilies
½ inch ginger
2-3 ripened tomatoes finally chopped
1 Teaspoon cumin seeds
2 Teaspoon Turmeric powder
2 Teaspoon Red chili powder
2 Teaspoon garam masala
2-3 teaspoon of Korma/Chicken/meat masala available at any grocery shop (optional)
2-3 Tablespoon of Vegetable oil/ mustard oil for cooking
Salt to taste
For the gravy
1 cup of cream or cashew nut paste
1 Teaspoonful of finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Boil the eggs in water, at medium flame, till they become hard water and keep them aside after they are one, let the eggs cool.
- Make a paste of cashew nut or full cream in a grinder and keep aside for the gravy. This paste will provide a thick consistency to your gravy.
- Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry the hard boiled eggs. Take out the fried eggs in a plate.
- Now, in the same oil, add cumin seeds to splatter, then gently add and sauté the chopped onions, garlic and ginger in the heated oil and cooked till they become translucent. At this stage you can add salt to taste which will help in tenderizing of the onion, garlic and ginger.
- Then add the finely chopped tomatoes and the korma/chicken/meat masala of your choice to the dish while cooking, but it is purely optional. This dish can be prepared only with garam masala too.
- Cook the gravy till the all the ingredients blend well in the pan. Again, an important indicator of your masala being done is that you will find oil floating on the sides of the pan.
- While cooking the masala you can add the cashew-nut paste or cream paste for a thick and white gravy.
- Finally add the shallow fried eggs into the gravy. Add 1- 2 cups of water, simmer for about 10-15 minutes on medium flame.
- Finally, serve and garnish the egg korma dish with green coriander leaves.
Have a delight of your own in this Egg Korma dish accomplished with hot Rotis, Naan or Rice!