Fibre is the trending word among all diet conscious peoples, it is one of the most talked about but less understood things. Here is an insight for you to understand about fibrous diet know how it is beneficial to your health
WHAT IS FIBRE?
As we commonly call it is actually dietary fibre and is found in most of vegetables, fruits, seeds, grains, pulses, etc.
It is resistant to digestion and do not get absorbed by the small intestine, but gets only partially fermented.
It is truly zero on calories and just adds bulk to your food.
TYPES OF FIBRE:
Soluble: It is found in oats, barley, pulses, chickpeas, beans, peas, citrus fruits, Psyllium (isabgol), etc.
Insoluble: It is found in cereals (like wheat, bajara, ragi, maize, etc), brown rice, bran (choker), outer covering of seeds, nuts and mature root of vegetables (carrots, radish), etc.
Mostly fruits contain both types of fibres, apple, guava, strawberry; banana, kiwi, etc are the best examples of it.
BENEFITS OF FIBRE:
- Fibre rich food is helpful in weight loss so it is must for those who are looking for weight loss.
- It induces a feeling of satiety, reduces meal size and food intake.
- It keeps you feeling full for a long period of time.
- It lowers risk of heart disease.
- It is laxative in nature (increases the volume of stool).
- It’s in intake relieves from constipation making you feel fresh and energetic.
- It helps in maintain smooth movement of food through intestine.
- It helps in lowering blood sugar and blood cholesterol level (LDL low density lipoprotein or bad cholesterol).
- It helps in attaining glowing complexion.
- It supports you to get a lean figure and have a good fitness level.