In monsoon everyone loves to eat fried, hot and crunchy snacks. These are good in taste but tough on stomach. In monsoon our digestive system gets sluggish due to humidity. Our body gets prone to various seasonal diseases, infections and allergies. We need to make ourselves immune and seasonal fruits are there to protect you. They are full of nutrients required and contain other elements which help to fight with all seasonal problems.
- Pears are immune system booster that helps in preventing seasonal diseases.
- Rich in fiber that help clean the colon.
- Good source of folic acid so very good for pregnant lady.
- Rich in vitamin C and copper which fight free radicals and disease.
Blackberries or jamun –
- Rich in magnesium, potassium, fibre vitamin A,B and traces of calcium are also present.
- Very low in calories so good for weight watchers.
- Superb for diabetic persons as it reduces the blood sugar level.
- Also help in treating diarrhea, help in purifying blood.
- Rich in vitamins C and B6, minerals, potassium.
- Goes easy on your digestive system and helps in treating diarrhea.
- Helps in lowering blood pressure.
- Banana also contains tryptophan, an amino acid that plays important role in boosting memory power and uplift your mood.
- Plum contains phenolic compounds and has antioxidant properties, also rich in vitamin C.
- Rich in fibre so friendly for digestive system.
- Rich in iron so good for blood formation also helps in controlling blood pressure.
- Vitamin C helps in better absorption of iron and also prevents from cold and flu.
- Cherries are rich in antioxidants that give soothing effect to brain and relax it.
- Rich in potassium so helps in managing blood pressure.
- Sweet cherries lowers the uric acid level so helpful in treating gout also reduces inflammation.
- Cherries are very helpful to ease off the post workout pain.
So include them in your daily diet in form of mini meal and stay fit to enjoy monsoon.