Basics of toddler education- From a mother to the teacher
Education of children is important in building up of nations. Our first step should be to focus on overall development of a child accomplished with the grass root level of teaching equally equipped advanced tools.
At the kindergarten level, the children should be encouraged to-
For this task to be accomplished, teachers should be-
- Interactive or more applicably friendly to their students.
- Well versed in engaging the students in different activities.
- Good observers and explorers so as to blend well with them.
- Able to keep an upright eye on the syllabus.
There are so many syllabuses around to look for kindergarten children and all of them work their best. But here, I want to point out more about the developmental skills.
The Syllabus should be easy on the children’s mind so that it meets the goals of educating them. The basic concepts should be emphasized first on their learning lists that will enhance their developmental skills-
- Introduce the surroundings (Sky, Sun, River, Mountain, Trees, Flowers, House)
- Introduce about how they feel (Happy, Smile, Sad, Tears, Surprise, Angry, Lovely, and Cute)
- Introduce about what they taste (Sweet, Salty, Hot, Cold, Sour, Spicy)
- Introduce how they should interact while meeting, leaving or after anyone’s help like saying “Hello”, “Bye” and “Thank you” respectively
- Introduce them to say “Yes” or “No” in a given situation
- Introduce about the days of week (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday)
- Introduce about all the 12 months of a year and the seasons (Winter, Spring, Summer, Autumn)